I got Office 2011 preinstalled on a 2008 Macbook that died 3 days after I got it, gee thanks Ebay.
So figured I would salvage it:
– copy microsoft folder from older macs Applications folder To –> Applications folder (on target/new mac)
– copy ~Library/Application Support/microsoft folder to Target Mac
– copy ~Library/prefrences/*microsoft* to Target Mac
– copy ~Library/users/your_username/Library/preferences/*microsoft* to Target Mac
– Copy ~Library/users/your_username/Library/Application support/Microsoft to target Mac.
And voila …MS office is now on your new Mac. Do note however that you must keep only one copy of MS office active post the move to avoid getting into any licensing trouble.